Thursday, June 30, 2011

letter to Milwaukee Journal Sentinel



I commend your editorial team for advocating the repeal of Wisconsin’s constitutional amendment prohibition on the recognition of gay marriage. I would like to point out, however, that gay marriages exist whether or not the state acknowledges them. The marriages of gay and lesbian couples across the Wisconsin and the US are sanctified by virtue of their mutual commitment and the ceremonies in which their religious institutions, families, and friends bless their unions. It is time for the state of Wisconsin to step up and provide legal protections to gay and lesbian married couples on the same basis they are provided to heterosexuals.

2 comments:

  1. Great letter! Good to hear they are publishing it. I read the following opinion piece in the WSJ today and all I could think was "Is he reading the same Bible that I am? Cause I'm not getting that same vibe."

    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304584004576416284144069702.html?mod=WSJ_Opinion_LEADTop

    ReplyDelete